Friday 8 November 2013

Mr Worm

Sleeping is hard. 

Whether I had to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes or wake up with hip and back pain, I wasn't getting enough. Grump. I started sleeping with about 5 pillows but I would kick them out of the bed, or have to adjust them in the night. I started looking for maternity pillows. Some are crazy expensive, but there are also reasonably priced ones if you look in the right place. This one by Theraline is just £33.76 on amazon right now. 


I decided to make my own. I took some old felt pajama trousers from Primark, cut the legs off, and sewed them together so they made a long tube. I took some fuzzy material, cut it in a circle, and sewed it to one end. Then I took the 5 pillows I was sleeping with, cut them open, and put the stuffing in the tube. Finally, I sewed the end shut, and VOILA:



My husband calls it "Mr Worm." It's lumpy but it works like a dream. I sleep much better and have approximately 80% less hip pains. Success! 





No comments:

Post a Comment